Artist statement SANGEETA SAGAR
"My work has made me aware of the subconscious mind".
Sangeeta (www.sangeetasagar.com) is a contemporary artist with a multifaceted approach that encompasses paintings (in acrylic and mixed media), drawings, watercolors and sculptures (in bronze).
Her overarching artistic style is of pure abstract expression, which requires sheer introspection. Her work displays a vivid imagination combined with a sense of fantasy and some inspiration from the real world. She respects the technical aspect of every medium and pushes it to its limits to achieve the required end results. The goal, in any media she works with, is to attain a well-balanced composition and an aesthetically pleasing piece of work.
She has done solo shows and participated in several exhibitions in India, UK and Kuwait including at Royal Western England Academy, Bristol and All India Fine Arts & Crafts Society, New Delhi. Her works is in collection with many prestigious galleries and individuals’ world over. For her work, she has been received certifications/awards throughout her academic and professional world.
Sangeeta was born in India and having lived in New Delhi, Kuwait and Edinburgh she has made London/Surrey her home for over 15 years now. She has been recently added to the Directory of Artists for Elmbridge borough of Surrey.
Quartz Series artwork by Sangeeta
The Quartz series comprising of over 30 distinctive artworks has been made in a pure abstract style. Like most of her pieces, Sangeeta took inspiration from nature for her series. The result was achieved by visualizing and then creating the layers of a quartz stone with different colors, hues and textures. Sangeeta has used acrylics gels, varnish and other mediums to attain a unique blend, which has created beautiful textures.
Selected Group and Solo Exhibitions SANGEETA SAGAR
SANGEETA HAS PARTICIPATED IN VARIOUS EXHIBITIONS ORGANISED BY LEADING GALLERIES AND MUSEUMS IN THE UK, INDIA AND KUWAIT.
- Gallery Artist at Flat Space Art, Notting Hill, London, 2017
- Exhibited with J White Framing, London, 2017
- Gallery Artist at The South Galleries, Kent
- Sweet 'Art - Seams Exhibition, Hoxton Arches, London - September 2014
- Black Cube Collective Annual Show 2014, Edinburgh - September 2014
- Open Open, Swiss Cottage Gallery, London - July - September 2014
- Royal Western England Academy, Bristol
- VivArtis Autumn Arts Festival, Godalming, Surrey
- Triveni Kala Sangam, New Delhi
- Lalit Kala Academy, New Delhi
- All India Fine Arts & Crafts Society (AIFACS), New Delhi
- Sahitaya Kala Parishad, New Delhi
- Punjab Lalit Kala Academy, Chandigarh, Indi
- The Government Museum and Art Gallery, Chandigarh, India
- Sridharani Gallery, Triveni Kala Sangam, New Delhi, India
Al-Iwan Gallery, Zahra Complex, Salmiah, Kuwait