The Zeitgeist Open has become renowned as a vibrant and critical showcase of new and established artists which has also had a positive and lasting impact on artist’s careers, by helping raise artist’s profiles through press, sales and associated activity, creating further networks with collectors, curators as well as other artists and an online legacy of the exhibition through our catalogue.
Rosalind Davis and Annabel Tilley are delighted to announce the third annual Zeitgeist Open Submission Exhibition is now open for applications. Selected by: Andrew Bick, Juan Bolivar, Annabel Tilley and Rosalind Davis.
- 15 Artists will be selected for a group exhibition in 2014 guest curated by Juan Bolivar
- 1 Artist will be awarded a place in a second group exhibition with ZAP at the London Art Fair
The exhibition will be held at Bond House Gallery, ASC Studios' artist-led exhibition space in New Cross, 14 November (Preview) continuing until Saturday 29 November. An online catalogue will be produced of the selected artists’ works.
The competition is open to artists working in any medium and regardless of age, location or background at any stage of their career and background. Every artwork is viewed anonymously by each selector on the jury.
Submission Fee: £25 General Admission, £20 ZAP Members. There are two ways to pay:
- Transfer fee direct to our bank account. You must give your initial, surname & "ZAPOpen" as a reference. Name: Zeitgeist Arts Projects. Bank: Lloyds. Account: 03016889. Sort Code: 30-97-66
- The fee is also payable here via an online booking site but there is a booking fee for this that this organisation makes. Please make a note of the receipt number for your application if paying this way.
- A completed application form sent to email@example.com with 2 JPEGs of artworks
- JPEGs to be no more than 1MB. For those working with moving image, new media or in performance please provide web links to 2 works. Videos to be no longer than 10 minutes
- An application fee of £25 or £20 if you are a ZAP member payable via this link - Please make a note of your receipt number for your application
- We do not require your CV or artist's statement. All artwork will be anonymised before the selectors view the work in order to ensure fairness based on the quality of the work alone
- Submission deadline: 15 October, 5pm GMT
- Artists informed: Thursday 23 October
- Drop off artworks: Thursday 6 November 12-7pm
- Preview: Friday 14 November 6.30-8.30pm
- Exhibition continues Until 29 November, 1-5pm Fri/Sat
- Artists/ Curators in dialogue event and exhibition closes: 29th November 4-5pm (all welcome)
- Collection of artworks: Thursday 4th December, 12-6pm