Fogo Island Arts is seeking applications from artists working in a wide range of disciplines for residencies taking place between April 2016 and March 2017.
Fogo Island Arts residencies provide opportunities for artists from a wide range of disciplines to live and work on Fogo Island for periods ranging from one to three months. Artists-in-residence are provided with accommodation and studio space, as well as a weekly stipend to offset the costs of materials, shipping, and day-to-day living expenses. Most travel expenses are also covered. Artists-in-residence must give one public presentation, performance, workshop, or lead a similar event during their residency. Selected artists are invited to present their work in exhibitions at the Fogo Island Gallery.
FIA residencies are intended for professional artists with formal training or equivalent experience and recognition among their peers.
2016-17 Call for Applications
Fogo Island Arts is seeking applications for residencies taking place between April 2016 and March 2017. Applications should take into account the unique circumstances under which Fogo Island Arts carries out its programs. Applicants should also keep in mind that this residency takes place on a remote island with limited amenities. Candidates should have a valid driver’s license, and will be responsible for acquiring the necessary visa if coming from a foreign country.
How to Apply
Please note that applications and support material will only be accepted by email. Applications sent by mail will not be accepted.
Please send an email with the following attachments in PDF or Word format:
• Completed application form
• Project proposal and a brief description of your practice (500 words maximum)
• Short biography (150 words maximum)
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae (4 pages maximum)
• Two letters of recommendation from professionals in your field
And, where relevant:
• 10 images (maximum) in JPEG format, with relevant caption information included in the image title or attached document
• 2 links (maximum) to video for film-related submissions
• 3 samples of your published work (20 pages maximum)
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
Email subject line: FIA Call for Applications 2016-17 – [Your Name]
26. November 2015