The ING Discerning Eye Exhibition is a show of small works independently selected by six prominent figures from different areas of the art world: two artist, two collectors and two critics. Work is selected from open submission and with works by artists invited by the individual selectors. Each section is hung separately to give each its own distinctive identity. The impression emerges of six small exhibitions within the whole. It provides an unusual opportunity for works by lesser-known artists to be hung alongside contributions from internationally-recognised names.
The 2015 selectors include:
- Emma Bridgewater - Founder, Emma Bridgewater
- Stephen Doherty - Director of Visual Communications at Somerset House, London
- Nicole Farhi CBE - Fashion designer and sculptor
- Larry Lamb - Actor
- Steve Pill - Editor, Artists & Illustrators Magazine
- Stephen Snoddy - Gallery Director of The New Art Gallery, Walsall
The selected works will be shown in an exhibition at The Mall Galleries, London from 12 - 22 November 2015.
Works should be submitted to regional collection centres, or on the final hand-in dates to the Mall Galleries in London on 4 and 5 September 2015. For entry forms, further information about regional venues, and submission schedules, please visit: www.parkerharris.co.uk