In Between Time in partnership with Attenborough Centre for the Creative Arts (ACCA), Fierce Festival, Trinity Centre, supported by Arnolfini, seek to commission an artist to make new work to premiere at IBT17 and tour throughout 2017.
Wild Card Award is committed to supporting and developing artists who engage with live practice and employ an experimental approach to process, form and audience.
Wild Card Award is part of IBT’s wider commitment to supporting artist development and sits alongside the New Bloods platform – an open-call for six emerging UK artists, and The Student Awards, a new prize given to 3 promising UK art students from Leeds Beckett University, University of Chichester and the University of the West of England.
What are we looking for?
• UK based artists working across performance (dance, live art, digital, sound and visual arts; staged, durational, one to one, sited)
• Artists with five years of professional experience
• Ambitious ideas for a new work for IBT17 (8-19 February 2017) that is adaptable to other locations, and has not been shown as finished work in the UK
• Artists who have touring availability over 2017
What is on offer?
• A fee of £2000, plus artists costs to premiere at IBT17
• A fee of £1000, plus artists costs per partner venues if selected for tour presentations
• Residency opportunities to develop the work at Arnolfini in Bristol and Fierce in Birmingham (June 2016, December 2016 – January 2017)
• Presentation of commissioned work at IBT17 to international and national promoters
• Producing, marketing and technical support at IBT17
• Inclusion in a dedicated programme of networking events at IBT17
• Opportunity to tour to up to four Partner venues if selected for tour presentations
17. April 2016