Art with Impact
Winning filmmaker to receive $1,000 cash prize and have work featured in campus events around the country.
Open call to submit film projects, up to 5 minutes in length, of any genre, using mental health as the point of interest. Film topics may either be interpretive of mental health, or address it directly.
- Submissions must be 5 minutes or less. Films longer than five (5) minutes will not be considered.
- Submissions must be added to the Mental Health Short FIlm group on Vimeo and the URL for the video must be included in the Entry Form. Only submissions with complete entry forms (including Vimeo URL) will be considered.
- Participants may submit only one version of a given project. However, any participant may submit more than one project, and up to three. A separate Entry Form must be completed for each submission.
- Submissions will be judged by a panel of guest filmmakers and Art With Impact board members. User comments / audience popularity may be taken into consideration in the final selection but will not determine the winner.
- Jurors who are also filmmakers may submit work, but only during months in which they are not serving as a juror for the competition.
- Past winners are required to wait at least one year before re-submitting to the competition.
- Filmmaker agrees that all submitted films may be used by Art With Impact for educational and outreach activities and the winning film may be used by Art With Impact and affiliated organizations in any relevant programming in perpetuity.
Art With Impact views the short film as an important art form and springboard for young talent. As such, we do not place any formal restrictions on submissions, and will consider all genres and types of short films, including submissions utilizing original footage, shared footage, photo stills, music, essays, screenplays, original art work and more.
(As of February 2016) In an effort to ensure diverse representations of experiences and cultures, we are especially interested in films related to:
- Aboriginal Canadian / Indigenous American content
There is no fee for submissions.
30. April 2016